04 January 2009

Funeral

Just came back from uncle's funeral. When we were making our way back home, sis ring up and said our neighbour passed away already. Sad... SO, we got to attend another funeral again? 
No, mummy said NO. It is a tradition as we just went to another funeral so we can't go for this one. 

It seems like an unbreakable chain. Ever since grandma passed away, it seems like I'm used to the feeling of attending all these funeral ceremony. The feelings were calm enough compared to grandma and grandpa funeral sessions. To be frank, I have yet to attend any funeral or heard any of my love ones or relatives passed away and I gave my very ''first time'' to grandma in the year of 2005, June 29. After that, I learned lots of tradition that chinese pratice during those funeral ceremony. Also, I realised that people nowadays tend to just skip some tradition or so called superstitious rituals and traditions. I hate it in fact. If noone if going to practice it now and how can we expect our next generation to understand their tradition. Perhaps, when the world develops into a very fashionable and open-minded time, we can just bury the deceased just after he was announced to be dead without any praying ceremony, right!!!!???

Okay, back to grandma's funeral.  months later which was 10 February 2006, grandpa passed away. And followed by auntie Audrey's mother (close family too), and another uncle, another uncle later and another uncle later which was last year 8 June 2008 and the last one was today's one. I hope I did not left out anyone. See, I have been attending so much funeral just within 4 years!!! It looks like a long period but it was just like 2 years back. On the other hand, how come I don't hear any of my friends relatives or who else pass away one ar (amitarba. I'm not cursing them please, I'm just telling an example). I really wonder. How come? You get to see now, it really looks like an UN-BREAK-ABLE chain! 

I always have the thought that if I'm able to make it, I'll attend the funeral because it is a respect and hoping that the deceased will leave peacefully seeing so many people to come and pay a last respect and to accompany him/her for the ''last journey'' of his/her life. 

A ''black'' starting of the year 2009. Haihz... Choi choi choi!!! Everything will be fine. Pray for it!

Must be a GOOD and HAPPY 2009!!! Because I'm turning 21 lol!!!!

No comments: