20 April 2008

from lawbreaker to lawmaker

As usual, when I got up this morning, I'll wash my face and brush my teeth and started my day with the chinese newspaper, it seems to be a must for me to read it everyday no matter how busy I am. After finishing the chinese paper. I had my breakfast-mihoon soup which dad bought from market. Then, I started browsing thru The Star paper. A title caught me an eye, ''From lawbreaker to lawmaker''. Yea, its my super idol, Tian Chua (not funny k). A person who I really respect for what he has done for the society. Its a column of his history. I made up my mind to finish up the article. It was really interesting though. He studied Agricultural Science in Sydney University but switched to Philosophy at University of South Wales. He then received scholarship to do his Master Degree at the Institute of Social Studies at the Hague, the Netherlands. And now he is a MP for the batu seat (my area). I really support him so much for what he had done, he was arrested many times for involving in the demonstration, but yet he still continue with the way who he is before imprisonment. But it was quite saddening that his girlfriend who was an activist also was blacklisted and deported back to hong kong and from then they stayed apart and broke up eventually.
I like his motto of his life: La vie existe grace aux choix / Life exists because of choice.
And mine will be Live live to the fullest, with no regrets :p

No comments: